Eric Rohmer 1920-2010

1977 Interview with Eric Rohmer from zenfoolio on Vimeo.

Eric Rohmer died on Monday at the age of 89. He was considered one of the pioneers of the French New Wave, and a film maker I admired. His films are a bit difficult to get into. They are more conversation, and dialogue. But it is through these elements in his films that Rohmer did some pretty impressive work.

I remember my first introduction to Rohmer in film class. The film was "My Night at Maud's", and after that it was films such as "Chloe in the Afternoon", "Pauline at the Beach", and "Claire's Knee" that cemented in my mind that Rohmer was an extraordinary artist.

The best thing though is that Rohmer left us with a lot of really good films to watch and learn from.

Adieu Mr. Rohmer. You will always be missed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009)

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011)

Megan (2022)