Writing, Preparing for DVD, & other stuff



Between writing some new/old material, and getting all the elements together for the DVD of "Deadly Obsessions". It's been a busy few days. Of course there is also the day job too which keeps me going, which I don't mind, so there is little down time. Being a father of two boys also keeps me busy, but that's all par for the course, and somewhat enjoyable. I say somewhat because it does get a little crazy when both boys start crying, and yours truly feels like Michael Keaton's character in "Mr. Mom".

I've been working on a script for some time now, and it's been going through several drafts and several severe plot line changes. They say the key to writing is re-writing, and I would have to agree with them on that. I'm sure there's another re-write in this scripts history, but one that isn't so dramatic. I've nailed down characters, plot lines, and resolution. Now comes the details which will change as I write it, and if I'm lucky enough as I shoot it. Actors always bring fresh eyes to a project and I've always listened to their ideas. A lot of the times it makes the story stronger, and gives it a bit more of a punch, but as always you can't incorporate ever idea you hear. But that's how good films evolve. Anyone say different and they're lying to you.

This week I'm dropping off the materials for the DVD, and I hope to have it finished by the end of July. I'll probably go through Filmbaby, and see what happens. I've stopped with festival submission save but a few, and I just want it out there for people to see.

I'm aching to do another film, but I may do several shorts instead of scripts I've already written. It may be part of a bigger production, but right now I'm concentrating on the writing or rewriting of my script, and then I'll see which short film interests me. I'm sure I'll be tweeking those as well, but for now I'll work on the second feature script and then concentrate on the shorts. I would love to devote MORE time to get "Deadly Obsessions" out there, but I can only do so much, and I've been reading more and more about niche film markets, and how through the years they've been developing. I have no special contacts, and I don't have a rich uncle or aunt to support me and my family, so I have to do the best I can. There is a lot of bravado in this industry, and usually nothing behind it. I was fortunate enough to work on several films in my youth while I was going to school and later I worked on several projects as a freelancer, so I know how it works. I'll keep plugging because it's what I do. It's all I know how to do. Like the blog says this is a filmmakers journey, and I want this to be a true depiction of what it takes to do something you love. No complaints, and no regrets. Always onward!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009)

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011)

Megan (2022)