The Windmill Movie

I noticed that I had missed the premiere of Alexander Olch's documentary "The Windmill Movie". Lucky for me HBO has it on demand till the end of November. To say that I was captivated by this film is a pretty fair way of describing it. The film was made by combing through 200 hours worth of footage of Richard P. Rogers autobiography. Rogers died in 2001 and it was up to his protege Alexander Olch who was a student of Rogers to make any sense out of it.

What unfolds is a beautiful honest piece about a man who feels compelled to say something, but has no idea what to say. It is only after his death and combing through his diaries, and recordings that Olch's makes sense of it all.

The site to the movie is here. If you do get a chance do see the film. It has always been my belief that we all have a story to tell, and yet we don't know what that story really is. Here is an example of a filmmaker who pointed the camera at himself and revealed to us the depth of life, and what it means to be a creative soul.

Go to HBO on demand and order it. If you subscribe to HBO it's free. How movies slip threw the cracks always amazes me, and I'm just glad I got to see this. It is inspirational, and challenging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009)

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011)

Megan (2022)