Laundrea Thomas


I just found out that Ms Laudrea Thomas died on August 9th of this year in Los Angeles California. It seems that she took her own life. She was 32 and she was way too young to leave this earth. I'm not going to say that I knew Ms Thomas very well. She was in my movie "Deadly Obsessions", and she was a pleasure to work with. I had hoped some how that someday we would work together again because it's so hard to find real good talent who have a passion for what they do.

To say that I was taken a back by this news of Laundrea's death is an understatement. I can still remember Laundrea's first day of shooting Of "Deadly Obsessions" it seems that she had car problems and her car broke down on the PA Turnpike on the day she was suppose to check in to shoot her scenes. Her father managed to rescue her, and drive her to the hotel where I had some of the cast & crew staying. Laundrea still made it on time and even brought some props that she thought we could use, which we did. She was a happy and determined young lady who gave 110%. I will always remember her that way and her laugh.

There is not much else I can say. The world is a little darker, and less friendly knowing that such a lovely women is nolonger with us. A link to her obituary is here & here.

Memorial contributions in Laundrea's memory may be made to Domestic Violence Services, PO Box 359, Lancaster, PA 17608.

Comments

Pete Bauer said…
What a tragedy.
Karl said…
I know Pete it is. AT first I thought no. Not the Laundrea I know, but then I found the link to a local obit from Lancaster, PA. It is a tragedy.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for this warm tribute to this beautiful woman. I saw her Myspace profile and was troubled because she clearly was depressed and had some really sad implications of struggling to get through the day. If anyone knows the family I encourage them to join NOPCAS (National Organization of People of Color Against Suicide) whose founder had a son who took his own life.

Popular posts from this blog

Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009)

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011)

Megan (2022)