It was a Dark & stormy night.....

I always laugh when I read those lines. I think anyone who writes knows the in-joke on the above phrase. Writing is hard enough and it can be especially difficult when you set limits on what your writing about. Those limits can be location, characters, or both, and it's not fun living with these limits. It almost feels pointless to do this, and handicap yourself at the beginning, but how about looking at it in another light?

I've always thought great art comes from artists pushed to the limits. Mozart was after all almost deaf, and it never crippled is ability to make some fantastic music. I don't want to put myself in the pantheon of such artists as Mozart, but ALL artists go through it. How does one create with the limitations one is given. Whether it's financial, time related or geographic the successful artist usually over comes these limitations, and sometimes he or she flourishes.

I have to be creative. It's what I do. Whether I do it at home, or where I work, and yes even in my endeavors s into filmmaking it's just something I'll always wrestle with. It's would be easy to just give up, and just say "fuck it all", but somewhere deep inside me there is the artist who says "no", and hence my eternal dilemma

I won't bore you with what or how I'm doing, but I will say this and that is that I know there is a way of pulling my thoughts and feelings together into a film that I can be proud of. I need to work harder and smarter.

They say after climbing one mountain you'll see all the other mountains that will be in your way. Guess lifes like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009)

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011)

Megan (2022)