Marketing, Publicity, and other Shenanigans!


I was going to write about the process of filmmaking, and how hard it is to get motivated and make a good film, or at least a film that YOUR proud of. But I'll save that for another day. I've been reading up on Kevin Smith, and all the shenanigans that go into marketing a movie. I thought some of this would be of interest to some of you. I'm still a fan of Smith's, but when I hear things like this it only makes me think, and wonder. Follow the links and you decide.

In Jim Emerson's blog he goes on to describe on how Mr. Smith watches his reviews, and fights his critics

In Movie City News Mr. Smith is interviewed, and it's a frank conversation about his film.

At the IFC blog there is a article called: "The art of storming art", which covers the controversy of critic Joel Siegel storming out very publicly from a screening of "Clerks II".

It's all about the marketing of the film I guess. They say there's no good or bad publicity for a movie. As long as it gets people into the theaters, so I guess this is all good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009)

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011)

Megan (2022)