Back into the past


CCI-Highlights from Karl Bauer on Vimeo.


This is just highlights of a program I did for where I used to work back in the 90's.  Learned a lot here, and worked like a dog.  From lighting, to graphics we did it all at the Computer Channel.  I worked for a great producer by the name of Steven Lyshior.  It's been awhile, but I just got around to digitize some footage, and figured I throw it up here.  Learned how to create cheap sets that looked awesome, and all it took was a trip to your local Home Depot. 

The graphics nowadays are a lot more sophisticated.  I remember running the computer over-night to render certain effects.  All shows were also cut on "The Cube" a non-linear edit system that no longer exists.  The Immix Video Cube had a control surface with faders to allow mixing and shuttle controls without the purchase of third party controller.  It's amazing to realize that what was done back then could be done with off the shelf non-linear editors, and prosumer cameras now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009)

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011)

Megan (2022)