Writing & Musings, and a new beginning!

I've been writing a bit more then usual in the hopes that something catches fire. I downloaded the screenwriting program Celtx and am trying it out. It's a free program, and I wanted to see how the program preforms. I usual write my screenplays in Final draft, but wanted something new.

I'm actually re-writing an old script while getting a feel for the Celtx program. So far so good, but I'm still getting used to the script formatting shortcuts. There's a lot I want to do over the Summer, and as usual the day job takes a lot out of me, so after all is said and done there seems to be never enough time for the things I love.

Over at John Oak Daltons blog he has some interesting insights about microcinema, and grass roots filmmaking. If you get a chance take a look over there and read what he has to say.

The one thing I love about the Internet is that there are people out there who are going through the same thing you're going through. Their interests and desires are all out there, and it's a bit invigorating to know one is not alone. Hey misery loves company I guess, but at least there are people who get or who are trying to get the bigger picture. I've never been a follower or a member of some clique. I subscribe to the theory that Marx subscribed to. That is Groucho Marx , and he said "I never would be a member of a club that would have me as a member". But it's nice to hear and read about others who aspire to create movies that have a meaning, or that are just plain fun to watch. Sure I'm a fan of the French "new wave", but I love a good old B movie. Some of my fondest memories were going to see movies about monsters, boogie men, or zombies.

So no highfalutin aspirations for me. Just some fun and anarchy that filmmaking can bring, and maybe someday I'll make that film that will speak to others. Till then I need to write, write, and write. Maybe something will click.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009)

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011)

Megan (2022)