Bergman & Antonioni

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was shocking to hear about Bergman's death, but then to hear about Antonioni's death soon after kind of was a slap in the face. Both men were GREAT filmmakers, and though I have not seen all their films I had a profound respect for these gentlemen.

They were thinking filmmakers. Their films were and still are thoughtful works of art. I like so many were exposed to these filmmakers in film school. I don't think I could have appreciated them sooner. Both Bergman & Antonioni were masters at the cinema, and both men made me realize movies could be works of art.

With Laszlo Kovacs death earlier last week that makes three cinema giants that we've lost. I can only be consoled by watching the work they left behind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009)

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011)

Megan (2022)